If you’ve just been in a Florida car accident, you are understandably
shaken up and confused. Unfortunately, during the first few hours after
an auto accident in Florida, many people make critical errors that ruin
their chances of obtaining compensation for their injuries. Although you
could be in a fragile state, keeping a cool head could help you avoid
these five fundamental mistakes:
- NEVER admit fault to others involved in the crash, or discuss events with
others at the scene. Wait for a police officer to arrive on scene and
speak only with him.
- NEVER leave the scene of the accident, even if you feel fine and your car
is undamaged. Even if you think you are not at fault, leaving the scene
implies guilt and is punishable in Florida with anything from driver’s
license revocation to jail time. Stay on the scene until the police have
filed a report of the accident.
- NEVER assume things are fine, whether with your car or yourself. Both could
have damage that is not visible to the naked eye. First, go to the hospital
to be checked by a doctor, and then have your car looked over by a mechanic.
- NEVER admit fault to your insurance company or use any language that could
hurt your case later on.
- NEVER speak with your insurance company before talking with an experienced
lawyer who can give you sound, frank advice.
The car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb are standing
by to answer any other questions you may have. Craig and his associates
know the law and they know the Florida roads. Call them at (561) 600-5605
or 561-697-4440 to schedule a consultation with a
West Palm Beach traffic accident attorney, and to receive your FREE car accident kit.