There are more than two million trucks using American highways. Unfortunately,
accidents involving these trucks are especially deadly. Did you know Florida
ranks third in the nation for large truck crashes?
If you or a loved one is involved in a Palm Beach County commercial truck
accident, do you know what to do?
Here are some tips from an accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.
1. Check for injuries. If you or one of your passengers is injured, call
911 and ask for help.
2. Ask the 911 dispatcher to send a police officer to the scene. Ask the
officer to fill out an accident report.
3. When talking to the officer, be truthful about what happened. But,
do not apologize or take responsibility for the accident even if you think
you may be to blame. Just give the facts.
4. Get the name, contact information, and license number of the truck driver.
5. Get contact information for any witnesses.
6. See a doctor. Even if you don't think you are injured, it is best
to been by an emergency room physician. The doctor will screen for hidden
injuries and discuss the symptoms you should watch for.
7. Notify your insurance company. Let them know the date and time of the
accident and if anyone was injured.
8. Contact an
accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.
How can an accident lawyer help? Learn more in our blog post. "Why
do you need an accident lawyer after a Palm Beach County trucking accident?"
If you would like to discuss your claim with an accident lawyer in West
Palm Beach, contact the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb at (561) 600-5605.
If you'd like to learn more about insurance compensation and the obstacles
you may face, request a free copy of our book,
What the Insurance Companies Don't Want You to Know.