West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer sees a diverse number of cases. Many so-called “slip and fall”
lawsuits concern rather commonplace events:
- Someone slips and falls on a broken staircase and wrenches her knees.
- A patron at a restaurant slips on a wet floor in a bathroom and shatters her hip.
- A guest at a construction site steps through a gap in floorboards and suffersa
What are some reasons for Florida slip and fall cases? Here are seven
subtle but potentially crucial contributing factors:
- Wearing improper footwear
- Poor lighting
- Tacky floors
- Uneven stairs
- Bad weather (especially ice and sleet — uncommon in Florida, but
not unheard of)
- Fatigue or lack of concentration
- Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or medications
These small nuisances can “add up” and increase risk for slip
and falls. The more potentially dangerous factors are present, the greater
the risk. This observation is critical. It means that solving just one
safety concern — adding lights to a dark parking lot or fixing uneven
steps, for instance — may not be sufficient. If a staircase is dangerous
for five different reasons, and you only fix two of those problems, the
staircase remains a hazard.
Have you been hurt in a West Palm Beach slip and fall?
Whether you suffered a serious concussion, lacerations, and broken bones;
or you just twisted your ankle really painfully at a public facility,
the team here at the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, PA is standing by
to listen to you and help you develop a strategy. Connect with us at (561)
600-5605, or educate yourself about Florida premises liability at by reading
more on our website.